What is a VIP Zone and how does it work?
VIP Zone is a dedicated location within the Brand Journal where you can publish exclusive materials accessible to a restricted audience. You can use it to favor some of your Brand Journal readers by giving them access to your special content or using this feature for internal communication.
How do I create a VIP Zone and invite VIP readers?
Brand Journal owners can create VIP zones by marking a given Story as VIP using the drop-down menu in the Stories dashboard. As soon as you mark a story as VIP, your VIP Zone will be created automatically in the Brand Journal to which this story belongs.
Brand Journal owners can also invite readers to VIP Zones by proceeding with the following steps:
- Enter the Newsrooms module in the left navigation bar and choose the Brand Journal in which you have stories marked as VIP.
2. Enter the Subscribers tab:
3. Then by means of Add VIP button send invitations to the chosen contacts.
4. Readers who don’t have a Prowly VIP account will have to create one to view your VIP content. They will receive an automatic email with the invitation and the link to set up their Prowly VIP account. With access to this account, they will be able to browse VIP Zones in all Brand Journals.
4. As soon as your VIP invitation is sent, a contact will in your Subscribers tab with status Invited, as soon as the invite is accepted the status changes to Accepted
5. You can add the VIP contacts to your Audience, ff you would like to do so, please hoover over the 3 dots menu and choose Move to Audience from the drop down menu. It it worth to tag those contacts afterwards with a tag VIP so that you know what is the contacts source.
Can I reject VIP access for a reader that no longer should be able to see it?
Yes, you can reject VIP access for users that no longer should be able to view the exclusive content published in the VIP Zone. To do so, follow these steps:
1. Enter the Subscribers tab (Newsrooms -> choose your brand journal -> choose Subscribers from the menu)
2. Choose Show VIPs
3. Find the VIP you would like to reject the access to and click on the 3 dots menu choosing Remove from the VIP
4. The user will no longer have access to the VIP account.
Can I move a VIP reader to my Audience contact list?
Yes, you can add VIP users to your Audience contact list. To do so, follow these steps:
- Enter the Newsrooms module and choose the brand journal where you have stories marked as VIP.
- Enter the Subscribers tab and select the reader you would like to add to your Audience contact list.
- Click on the 3 dots menu and select Move to Audience.
- The contact will be added to your Audience contact list. It is worth tagging the contact so that you know were they came from.
How can I request VIP access?
Viewers can request VIP zone access by clicking on the padlock icon located in the top-right corner of the Brand Journal they are interested in. If there is no padlock icon visible in the Brand Journal, it means that there's no exclusive content available.
As soon as you send a request for VIP access, you will receive an email asking you to confirm your wish to create a VIP account at Prowly. With this account, you will be able to log into all the VIP zones in Brand Journals of different brands. When the Brand Journal owner confirms your VIP access, you will receive an email notification.
Once the access is granted, you will be able to log into your VIP account and view exclusive content.