In the Audience module, between Groups and Segments you will find Filters option that allows users to segment database accordingly to different parameters:
After clicking on the Filters you will see a field with criteria list:
You can freely combine parameters with each other. After finding criteria you want to use, just click on the Add filter. Selecting and or or option you decide, if searched contacts should meet all chosen criteria or any of them.
What types of filters I can use to segment my database?
- Tag - when I search for tagged contacts
- Company - I search for a company by its name
- Group - I search journalists added to concrete groups
- Created by - I search contacts added to the database by concrete users
- Highlight - I search for contacts indicated (or not) with a star
- Open rate, Click rate, Bounce rate - I search for contacts with certain statistics
All filters need some clarifying. Check all rules below:
- is - e.g. Tag is exactly the same as value provided in this rule
- is not - e.g. Tag is different from the value provided in this rule
- is like - contains, i.e. Tag contains value provided in this rule
- is not like - does not contain, i.e. Tag does not contain value provided in this rule
- is empty - e.g. Group is empty, i.e. contacts that do not have any group
- is not empty - e.g. Tag isn't empty, i.e. contact has defined tag value
- true - applies to those features of contacts that can be active or inactive, eg. Highlight is true will search only starred contacts
- false - not true
- greater than - for numerical values, e.g. Open Rate greater than 50 will search for contacts with OR of more than 50%
- less than - similar to above one, but Open Rate less than 50 would naturally search for contacts with OR less than 50%
- more than - refers to the additional possibility of limiting a specific criterion to the number of days, e.g. more than 6 days
- exactly - refers to the number of days, e.g. exactly 6 days ago parameter will find contacts that exactly 6 days ago had e.g. Open Rate on the level consistent with other filters
- less than - also applies to the number of days
- after - refers to dates, for example after a specific date
- at - refers to dates, i.e. on a specific day
- before - also applies to dates, i.e. before a specific date
You can also fill the Optional date filter. Using this non-mandatory option you can narrow down search criteria to the concrete time period. Below you will find some practical example:
Data from Open rate, Click rate and Bounce rate bases on unique activities. What does it mean? We count the first occurrence of some action in history only:
If you send 4 pitches to Anderson Cooper, and he opened 2 of them twice, Open rate will show us 2 mailing opens. Open rate score will be 50%: 2 (unique opens) / 4 (sum of sent mailings), as we do not verify how many times a single pitch was opened.
Let's assume we want to find contacts that opened more than 80% of all pitches. Adding Optional date filter with the less than 30 days ago rule, in the search results we will have only these journalists who opened more than 80% of mailings during last month.
Or let's assume I search for contacts that never opened any email from me. Adding Optional date filter with value after 01-01-2018, the search engine will show only these journalists with Click rate below 1%, counting from the first day of 2018.
Finally, maybe you want to find all journalists that bounce. With Optional date filter set for at 01-01.2018, search results will aggregate contacts with Bounce rate scoring 100% exactly at January 1st, 2018.
- Blacklisted - after turning on this parameter, Prowly will select media contacts, to which none of your mailings has been delivered. Our shipping server added their addresses to the title black list due to the huge amount of bounces. If you will find some totally valid contacts on this list, contact us on chat.
- Mailing - this parameter will enable you to find contacts, which received a mailing with a specific title
- Story - use this one when searching for journalists who clicked your press release with a specific title
Warning: in last two parameters you don't need to remember the whole title, you can write only a part and the search engine will find journalists properly
- Created at - I search for contacts created at a concrete time
- Phone - I search for contacts with implemented (or not) phone number
- Link, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Youtube, Vimeo, Pinterest - I search for contacts with filled (or not) social media channels
Options of filtering database are boundless due to merging possibility. If you need additional help with configuration, ask a question on chat.