In order to import your contacts to Prowly, go to Audience and:
- Click New Contact button located in the top-right corner
- Choose Import contacts from spreadsheet in the dropdown list:
- Select a file from your computer and click Upload
Warning: The file you want to import should be prepared in such a way that individual types of data are accumulated in the same columns. The order of the columns is not important, important is to locate e.g. all email addresses in one column.
These type of data can be imported to Prowly:
- outlet URL
- first name
- last name
- tags - multiple can be added
- phone number - multiple can be added
- Twitter link - multiple can be added
- Vimeo link - multiple can be added
- Facebook link - multiple can be added
- Linkedin link - multiple can be added
- Instagram link - multiple can be added
- Pinterest link - multiple can be added
- Youtube link - multiple can be added
- link - multiple can be added, for example, website address, which will be displayed in the social media section in contact details card
Some data can be duplicated by either entering into one column (and separating with comma or semi-colon) or adding each phone number in a separate column. If you can add more that one item of the information to a/m data type, it is marked with 'multiple can be added'. After uploading a file, you need to mark what you have in your columns by selecting the names for Prowly column.
You can skip matching columns by using the Skip button. Just remember that the required data is an e-mail address - without this, you will not be able to import a file to Prowly. After you match columns, you can specify contacts with tags and implement them to existing lists or create new ones.
Now you need to fix potential errors in the imported file. The Correct invalid records button will help you do it. There are different types of errors, but you can see them all highlighted in red next to the invalid cell. Error sorts are:
- Email already exists in your database - you tried to import a contact already uploaded to the database in the Audience
- Invalid email format - email format is unacceptable, e.g. namesurname@ email.com
- File is empty - yes... there is simply no data to analyze
- You need to set or skip each column - some data columns during the import process weren't configured or were omitted
You do not have to upload the file again - you can correct errors by editing the table directly in Prowly. If you have a problem with uploading the database, remember that file needs to have an .xls or .csv format. When the database is ready, click on the Continue button.
To make the process easier, we also prepared a database template. Download it here.