If you are Pro or Premium plan subscriber at Prowly, you are able to redirect brand journal to your own subdomain, e.g. press.yourcompanyname.com.
In order to redirect Brand Journal to your own subdomain:
- Go to the domain provider website (where you bought your domain) and log in to the domain management panel
- Find DNS configuration section
- Add a new address record (i.e. subdomain) for your existing root domain, e.g. press.yourcompanyname.com under yourcompanyname.com. Your Brand Journal will be available at press.yourcompanyname.com.
- Set type of new address record (i.e. subdomain) to CNAME
- Set redirection address to prowly.com
How to configure subdomain address using popular domain providers:
If you are still uncertain about adding a subdomain to your root domain, contact your domain provider or check his help centre.
6. Log in to Prowly
7. Go to Brand Journals (left navigation menu)
8. Click on Settings
9. Find an ADDRESS section in the pop-up window of journal settings
10. Enter your subdomain full address (created in 3rd step) to the Custom domain field and save
Redirecting usually takes effect within a few minutes, but due to the need for DNS propagation, it can take up to 72 hours. If you have any questions regarding this article, feel free to reach us via chat (in the right down corner of your screen).
How to redirect Brand Journal to my own root domain?
Brand Journal redirected to the root domain is displayed on the website homepage, e.g. yourcompanyname.com. If this is the intended solution for you, please repeat the following steps:
- Log in to the domain management panel
- Find the DNS configuration section
- Enter your root domain name (e.g. yourcompanyname.com)
- Find records in your root domain settings
- In A record set redirection value to our IP: 220.127.116.11
- Log in to Prowly
- Go to Brand Journals (left navigation bar)
- Click on Settings
- Find an ADDRESS section in the pop-up window of journal settings
- Enter your root domain full address to the Custom domain field and save