Write press releases
Send email pitches
Find new media contacts
Analyze PR performance
Manage your account
How to create & use Gmail App Passwords
App Passwords let you connect your Gmail inbox with Prowly.
Follow the steps below to create App Passwords.
This guide applies only if you have 2-Step-Verification enabled on your Gmail account. App Passwords are not available without it. You can read more about this Gmail feature in this Help Center article.
1. Login to your Gmail account and go to Manage your Google Account:
2. Select Security on the left-hand side.
3. Under Signing in to Google, select App Passwords.
4. Next, under Select the app and device for which you want to generate the app password choose: select app -> Mail, select device -> other (custom name). You can type Prowly.
5. Click Generate.
6. In the new window you should get your password. Copy it and use as password while configuring your inbox using IMAP/SMTP.